- 8 weeks before: No waxing, plucking or threading for at least 8 weeks between treatments.
- 4 weeks before: Do not expose the skin self to UV or undergo tanning for at least 4 weeks.
- 1 week before: Avoid intense exfoliation
- 24-48 hours before: Do not use bleaching creams or perfumed products
Post Treatment Care:
For the next 48 hours,
- Avoid all heat treatments including hot baths, saunas, steam baths, and hot showers.
- No swimming in strongly chlorinated water.
- Do not use bleaching creams.
- Avoid perfumed products e.g. soaps, creams or perfumes..
- Redness that may occur post-session should be allowed to subside naturally. Ice, cooling gels and cooling ointments may be applied.
- Do not touch, pick scratch the treated area.
For 72 hours: No shaving.
For 1 week: It is best if peels or exfoliants are avoided for one week after the procedure.
For 2 weeks:
- No UV exposure
- No self-tan
- Avoid waxing, plucking, threading
- Avoid depilation creams
- Avoid prolonged outdoor activity that may expose the skin to a lot of wind or sun.
For 6 weeks:
- Use sun protection SPF30+
- Limit sun exposure and do not use tanning beds.
Hot and humid conditions can worsen the skin immediately after treatment. It helps to keep the skin cool after the procedure. A cold compress or application of aloe vera gel can subside redness or swelling (if present).